Wednesday, March 19, 2014

When You're Smiling


So the winter has come and gone, and I left this poor little blog to the barren cold, much like the snow and bitter cold we had over the winter months. While the nation's winter was declared stricken by the "polar vortex", we were hunkered down in the safety and warmth of our home, privileged to have electricity and all the modern conveniences up and running the entire time. While we didn't see the extreme snow everyone else in the country saw, we did have our share of snow and below zero temperatures, the likes of which we've not seen in our 9 years living here in Arkansas. Alas, as time passed, snow melted, and life began it's routine once again.

In the midst of all of the hullabaloo, my husband and I decided to continue on our journey to live a more healthy lifestyle. We joined an amazing health and wellness company called Xyngular (check it out here), and did an 8-day challenge to detox our bodies and begin our new journey. My husband lost 20 pounds and 8 inches, and I lost 8 pounds and 6 inches. (Before and after pictures are available upon request.) More than losing weight, we're happy knowing that we have restored energy, and are getting all the nutrients we need each day to help keep us healthy and boost our immune systems. It helps that it's all-natural, and we have several friends that are being helped in so many different ways with so many different conditions. Feel free to ask me about it at any time. I'd love to see you jump on board to a healthier lifestyle!

Enter Musica here!

Now, having said that, I'll give you an update on my health overall, being off the prescription medications now for several months. The new supplements have been helping greatly with my energy level, and as long as I continue to use them I no longer need a nap during the day. They've helped my chronic fatigue so much!

As for my energy level, I've tested the energy-boosting supplement by taking it as suggested, then going off of it for a week. Let me tell you...this stuff really makes a difference in my energy and focus! I'm admittedly ADD, and there are times when my mind goes so fast with so many ideas and thoughts that I can't focus on anything and am completely nonproductive. It's been so bad at times that I can't decide what to act on and find myself sitting on the couch staring out the window in a daze totally non-functional. When I take the energy supplement my mind stops racing, I can focus, I have sustained energy, and can actually get stuff done! This is something I want to be sure I take every day so I can stop wasting time spacing out.

I usually smile through everything, good and bad, and try not to let people know when the day is bad. I don't want to bring others sorrow. I want to spread joy, hope, fun and laughter. When I can feel this good, I can keep smiling and stop lamenting over the havoc life throws at me. Because we all know that "when you're smiling the whole world smiles with you".

Here's to smiling!

When You're Smiling 

"When You're Smiling" was written by Goodwin, Joe / Shay, Larry / Fisher, Mark.
When you're smiling
When you're smiling
The whole world smiles with you
When you're laughing
When you're laughing
The sun comes shining through
But when you're crying
You bring on the rain
So stop your sighing, be happy again
Keep on smiling
'Cause when you're smiling
The whole world smiles with you

Songwriters
Goodwin, Joe / Shay, Larry / Fisher, Mark
Published by
Lyrics © EMI Music Publishing, THE SONGWRITERS GUILD OF AMERICA

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!