Sunday, August 25, 2013

Protector

The highlight of our weekend was time spent with our son, daughter-in-law and beautiful granddaughter.  At a year old, she is the apple of our eyes.  And the delight of our hearts.  It's amazing to see how quickly she grows, especially since we only get up to visit them about once every three weeks.  We are blessed to have a beautiful, healthy granddaughter, and wonderful, healthy children.  For that we are eternally grateful and thankful.  This was the last trip there before the craziness of the Fall Season.
As the next few months come upon us, my schedule will get busier.  School will commence in two weeks, retreats and conferences begin, and time will be stretched.  My prayer life will increase, which is a good outcome of the busyness.  My reliance upon the Lord, His wisdom, and the strength He will offer will be in full force as well.
The reassurance is (and will be) knowing that amidst the chaos, my constant will be God.  I know that He will be there for me whenever, wherever, and however, to meet my needs.  As I navigate the newness of doing it all without meds to help with the pain, anxiety, and whatever else may come, I know that my protection from being overwhelmed with come from the Lord.  When I am exhausted and unable to do anything but sleep, I know He will be ever-aware, ever-vigilant, and ever-protective.  How do I know this?  Because the Bible tells me and I believe it's inerrant promises!
Psalm 121:3-4 (HCSB)
He will not allow your foot to slip;
your Protector will not slumber.
Indeed, the Protector of Israel
does not slumber or sleep.
Thank you Lord, my Protector, for your omnipotence and omniscience.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing from you!